Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
When we travel, we only like to take products that are good for us and the environment. Our products must be reef-safe, biodegradable, and non-toxic. They should also be TSA-friendly since we almost always use carry-on and don’t want any mishaps going through security.
Au Natural skincare fit our strict travel criteria so we took 6 of their products with us to Tulum and Cuba to test out.
Here is why we loved this brand:
Ethically sourced, organic, and non-toxic ingredients:
- Au Natural Skinfood is formulated from pure, natural, nourishing ingredients ethically sourced from New Zealand.
- Their products are safe during pregnancy.
- Their products are either Certified Vegan or NZ Vegetarian Society approved. They also have the Cruelty-Free certification.
- Their containers are BPA free.
- Au Natural is a first-of-its kind skincare subscription delivery service that uses 100% reusable, recyclable or compostable packaging. But more importantly – instead of getting new bottles every month, you get sent plant-based eco-refill pouches that are carbon negative, reducing the typical packaging footprint of retail skincare by 75% across the entire supply chain.
- It is a great option for someone who wants to reduce their plastic footprint but might not have access to a zero waste refill store.
- Most of their products come in aluminum containers, a material that is very easily recyclable (roughly 75% of the worlds aluminum gets recycled VS 10% of plastic).
- All packaging and shipping materials are recyclable or compostable and they use no excess shipping/packaging materials.
- The travel kit is the perfect amount for roughly a 14 day trip.
- It’s safe to use in the ocean, lakes, cenotes, etc.
- Many products are under 100mL so you can take them in your carry-on.
- SPF 25 mineral powder sunscreen is perfect to protect your face from harmful sun rays wile you’re on-the-go.
- The lightweight aluminum bottles won’t weigh you down.
- Highly recommend the anti-bacterial treatment because it’s multi-purpose AKA saves space; it’s good for dry lips, cuts, burns, and scraps.
But do the products actually work? The answer is yes. All their products kept our skin clear and moisturized. The anti-bacterial treatment kept our lips from getting chapped in the scorching Cuban heat and the SPF 25 mineral powder helped keep our face from burning. The only extra product we would recommend adding into the mix is makeup remover if you’re planning to wear any on your trip.
With all these amazing benefits, it’s officially been added to our Wellness Travelled Products We Love to Travel With list!
To learn more about Au Natural Skinfood or to shop head here
Do you use non-toxic ingredients? Let us know in the comments.
Disclaimer: this post is a paid partnership with Wellness Travelled and Au Natural Skinfood. However, all opinions are based on our honest experience using the product over the last two months.
– Christine and Sarah