Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
Calling all yogi’s and earth lovers. Here are the top eco-friendly yoga mats and accessories in 2021! Looking for sustainable yoga clothes? Check out our top sustainable yoga clothing brands.
OUR #1 SUSTAINABLE YOGA MAT OPTION: MADUKA EKO SERIES
Don’t waste your time on cheap yoga mats. The Manuka Eko Mat is built to last. We should know, having this mat for over 7 years with NO wear and tear! It’s a great investment that should last years, if not decades. It’s grippy and doesn’t have a toxic chemical smell to it.
- The eKO Mat is a natural yoga mat made from sustainably harvested tree rubber. Unlike other rubber mats available today, the foaming agents used to create the eKO Mat are non-toxic.
- All post-industrial scrap is thoughtfully collected and utilized in the production of other materials creating a zero waste manufacturing process.
- No PVC or harmful plasticizers.
- Made from biodegradable, non-Amazon harvested, natural tree rubber with non-toxic foaming agents and non-AZO dyes
RUNNER-UP SUSTAINABLE YOGA MAT: MAJI SPORTS JUTE PREMIUM ECO YOGA MAT
- Made with eco-friendly Jute Fibres: Jute is a natural vegetable plant that takes only 45 months to grow to maturity, making it a sustainable resource. Jute cleans the air by consuming carbon dioxide, and the leaves are a natural soil conditioner. It’s clearly a smart and naturally beautiful choice for a cleaner and safer environment.
- Safe & Non-toxic: The fiber of a jute plant keeps you in place due to Polymer Environmental Resin (PER), a nontoxic material. This mat’s unique look and feel are created by meshing jute fibers with patented PER, which is phthalate-free and safer for workers during manufacturing.
HONOURABLE MENTION: GAIAM CORK YOGA MAT
- Made with cork, a sustainable, naturally cushioned material and with an eco-friendly TPE
- cork is antimicrobial for sweaty yogi’s
HONOURABLE MENTION: B YOGA MAT
- Made of 100% rubber
- Made in Spain
MANDUKA CORK YOGA BLOCKS
- Cork is a renewable, sustainable material, which comes from the bark of a Cork Oak Tree. There are no toxic chemicals used in the manufacturing of our cork yoga blocks.
MAJI SPORTS CORK YOGA BLOCK
- The Eco-friendly Cork Yoga Block, made from 100% Cork
- Cork is a renewable, sustainable material. There are no toxic chemicals in the harvesting or manufacturing process.
- A Cork Yoga Block will safely biodegrade in nature.
YOGITOES YOGA TOWEL
- Each yogitoes towel is made from no fewer than four discarded plastic bottles, preventing them from entering landfills or polluting the ocean.
- The recycled bottles are woven into 50% poly yarn that requires 66% less energy to produce.
- Colours are created free of AZO, lead and heavy metal dyes to protect workers, customers, and the environment.
- They use only FSC-certified recycled paper in their packaging.
PrAna Recycled blend Yoga Mat Towel
- Made from 42% Recycled Polyester
Manduka eQua Hot Yoga Mat Towel
- The eQua® microfiber fabric is a recyclable synthetic material, engineered for performance & durability.
- The packaging is made from 100% recycled PET material.
Manduka Cotton Yoga Blanket
- This Peruvian cotton blanket is made from recycled cotton and recycled acrylic.
LOVE MY MAT BOLSTER
- Covers made with repurposed & forgotten fabrics
- Firmly hand stuffed with only biodegradable cotton
- Entirely handmade by women in Ontario, Canada
Manduka Yoga Strap
- Manduka’s AligN yoga strap is made from 100% unbleached eco-friendly cotton using AZO, lead and heavy metal-free dyes to protect our workers, our customers, and the environment.
We hope you like these eco friendly yoga mat and accessories ideas. Let us know if you try any of these out! Don’t forget to check out our blog post with our fave sustainable yoga clothing brands.
Disclaimer: There may be affiliate links in this post or other posts related/linked (within our website) to this one. This means that we may get a small commission if you make a purchase through our site. This does not mean that you are being charged more. In most cases a purchase through our site is actually at special or discounted rate, hence why we promote them on our site for you (our readers!). When you shop through our site, you’re supporting our small content business – thank you! 🙂