Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
Outaouais Quebec is best known for the Nordik Spa in Chelsea and Parc Omega just outside of Montebello (one hour from Chelsea). You’ve probably seen us visit both the Nordik Spa and Parc Omega on our Instagram or blog. Both locations offer a unique experience for visitors, but there are so many other fun things to do in Outaouais Quebec. Summer in Outaouais Quebec is perfect for outdoor adventures, with soaring temperatures and so much natural beauty.
Here are 8 unique things to do in Outaouais Quebec, besides Parc Omega and Nordik Spa.
1. Visit Gatineau Park. The largest green space in the region, Gatineau Park is known for the turquoise waters at Pink Lake. Hike the loop at Pink Lake and check out all of the incredible lookout points. Accessible from both Ottawa and Chelsea, Gatineau Park spans over 361 square kilometres and offers tent camping, daily shuttles and endless outdoor activities, including swimming, hiking, rock climbing, fishing and more.
2. Paddleboard at Meech Lake. Rent a blow up paddleboard from Nomades Du Parc and hit the calm waters at Meech Lake.
3. Zipline at Camp Fortune. Located in Gatineau Park, this zip tour features three high-speed ziplines, taking you from peak to peak. The first zipline can reach speeds up to 80 km / hour! Bonus: at the end of your third zipline, you have the option to free-fall or rappel from a 50 foot drop tower. What an adrenaline rush. Camp Fortune has other activities as well, there is a forest coaster and and Aerial Park that is fun for all ages. Camp Fortune is a great place to take the family for some summer fun.
4. Have a spa day at the Wakefield Mill. Holtz Spa in Nature, located at the Wakefield Mill is a much smaller and more intimate spa than the Nordik Spa. Surrounded by nature, guests can experience spa treatments inside or in one of the outdoor huts, or use the outdoor hot tubs and saunas.
5. Go cycling! Biking is huge in the area, and bike rentals are available for daily use. Choose between a regular bike, mountain bikes, eBikes and more, then get exploring!
6. Rock climb at Altitude Gym. A unique indoor-outdoor rock climbing park close to the Nordik Spa, this rock climber’s oasis has over 100 routes of top rope and 500 square metres of bouldering space. There is also a Clip ‘n’ Climb theme park experience that can be pre booked and takes 1.5 hours to complete.
7. Visit an alpaca farm. Willow Lane Alpaca Farm encourages guests to be hands on and learn all about the alpaca industry. They have over 30 alpacas right now with an onsite shop selling various products made from alpaca yarn.
5. Eat your way through Chelsea. There is an incredible food scene in Chelsea. Keep scrolling down to find out the best spots for where to eat near the Nordik Spa and Parc Omega.
WHERE TO STAY NEAR PARC OMEGA AND THE NORDIK SPA
Lofts Du Village. With four different room types to choose from, Lofts Du Village has different accommodations to suit your traveling needs. Whether you’re traveling solo or with up to 3 other people, there are different room sizes and options (with or without kitchen for example) to ensure you have everything you need while on vacation. Perfectly located minutes from the Nordik Spa and a short walk to all of the amazing shops and restaurants in Chelsea!
Moulin Wakefield Mill. Retreat to nature at this beautiful hotel, complete with a spa and two amazing restaurants. Overlooking a stunning mill, the heritage of this site was restored when the hotel was built and every room has something historic within its walls. Perfect for a romantic getaway, some rooms have jacuzzis and fireplaces in them! Don’t forget brunch at La Muse restaurant, it’s too good to pass up.
WHERE TO EAT NEAR PARC OMEGA AND THE NORDIK SPA
Biscotti & Cie. A breakfast spot with a cute patio.
Les Fougeres. Casual fine dining, you must try the pasta and burrata salad.
Pub Chelsea. This classic pub has great food and an awesome patio.
Roberto Pizza Romana. A bakery and pizza spot, perfect for lunch!
Les Saisons Cafe. The cutest coffee shop with great outdoor seating.
Muse at Wakefield Mill Restaurant. Eat brunch, lunch or dinner overlooking a waterfall at Wakefield Mill’s onsite restaurant, La Muse.
You can also eat at Parc Omega or Nordik Spa. They both have delicious onsite restaurants and a cafe.
Now that we’ve shared all of the other amazing things to do in Outaouais Quebec near the Nordik Spa and Parc Omega, we’re sure you’ve already begun planning your trip. Here’s an idea! Make a road trip out of it and visit other amazing regions of Quebec such as the Mont-Tremblant and Quebec City.
Learn more about Quebec City and Mont Tremblant in our other blog posts: 10 UNIQUE MONT TREMBLANT ACTIVITIES FOR ADVENTURE LOVERS and TOP THINGS TO DO IN QUEBEC CITY: SUMMER EDITION.